Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

[WS2k8]Racking my brain at this Terminal Services Session Broker problem...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 xip

xip

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:32 PM

Hey y'all. So I've got this problem. I'm currently in CS, finishing up my degree in the next year, and I'm stuck on this problem in my networking class. It's really bugging me, and I'd rather get help pointing in the right direction than have a straight up answer. Except I can't seem to figure out at all what the problem is with the scenario! It reads as follows:

"Wingtip Toys has recently decided to deploy all office productivity applications to its internal users with terminal servers. Robert, a member of the IT staff, has been given the responsibility for installing and configuring a server farm on the company network that consists of 12 new terminal servers running Windows Server 2008. Robert installs the Terminal Services role, with the Terminal Server role service, on all 12 computers. He also installs the TS Session Broker role service on one of the computers. After adding each of the 12 terminal servers to a TS Session Broker farm and installing the office applications on the server, Robert begins a test deployment, adding groups of users to gradually increase the terminal server traffic load. Later, when examining the traffic statistics, Robert notices that one of the servers is experiencing much higher traffic levels than the others and it is not the server running TS Session Broker. What could be the problem and how should Robert resolve it?"

So the only thing I can think of is that maybe it has to do with inputting the "Relative weight of this server in the farm"? If the priorities are all set at the same weight, wouldn't it confuse the Session Broker? But then again, the TS Session Broker sends the client to the server with the least amount of load. I can't think of any other reason as to why it wouldn't work.

Can someone help me with this? What should I be looking at here? What am I missing?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:07 AM

You enabled and using Network Load Balancing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users