Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Profile service has failed log on.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 trouble at mill

trouble at mill

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:49 AM

Hello, I find I cannot log in to my Dell Inspiron, running Win 7, I'm not sure if this is malware related or not, I just get the message "User profile service has failed log on". Has anyone come across this before?. I did a system restore but the problem remains.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lornhane

Lornhane

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:52 AM

I have actually come across this before. This is usually a problem with the registry.

Follow the instructions on the following link and your problem will be resolved. You will need to boot the computer in safe mode to do this.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

#3 trouble at mill

trouble at mill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:02 PM

Thanks Lornhane, that seems to have fixed the problem, but messing around in the registry is a bit nerve wracking.

#4 Lornhane

Lornhane

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:52 PM

No problem.

I understand. If you ever need to mess with the registry again it is always good practice to export the keys that you will be modifying and if something goes wrong you can revert.

#5 XiDiS

XiDiS

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:37 PM

I have fixed this problem a bunch of times before.... but coming across a tough one when the system will not boot into safe mode at all. Is there anyway to do this registry edit without being in windows?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users