Hello benjeen and Welcome -
Please run these few scans for me
Download them to desktop and Copy and Paste all responses.
Download Screen317 Security Check and save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt
* Please post the contents of that document.
Note:: If any security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.
Please download MiniToolBox to desktop to run it.
Checkmark following boxes:
* List last 10 Event Viewer log
* List Installed Programs
* List Devices (do NOT change any settings here)
* List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Click Go and Copy / Paste the result. (result.txt)
Please post those 2 back first, as this will take much longer.
Run ESETOnlineScanner Please use Internet Explorer as the scanner uses ActiveX
If you will not use Internet Explorer, please see 3 - 1 & 3 - 2
1 .Hold down Control (Ctrl) key, and click on This link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
2 .Click the eset online button.
3 .For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
3 - 1 .Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
3 - 2 .Double click on esetsmartinstaller_enu on your desktop.
5 .Click the Start button.
6 .Accept any security warnings from your browser, Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus if requested.
7 .Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" Do not check "Remove found threats" as we do not know what this is.
8 .Click Advanced settings and select the following:
* Scan potentially unwanted applications
* Scan for potentially unsafe applications
* Enable Anti-Stealth technology
9 .ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer.
.................Please be patient as this will take some time............... 2 hours or more are not unusual for a first scan.
10 .When the scan completes, click List Threats
11 .Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan.
- Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
12 .Click the Back button.
13 .Click the Finish button.
* NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log, so just tell me.