Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD When Shutting Down or Restarting

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Scottrich

Scottrich

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:47 AM

Hi,

I recently have been building my new pc but am using my old ssd for the build. I have been experiencing long shutdown, log off and restart times in which my pc eventually does the BOSD after 10-15 mins not sure but think it might be a driver problem but i don't know :(

also i am no whiz kid when it comes to this type of thing only my second build

Event viewer says, The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 1000009f

BCP1: 0000000000000004

BCP2: 0000000000000258

BCP3: FFFFFA800CDC8B50

BCP4: FFFFF800081833D0

OS Version: 6_1_7601

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\031514-6692-01.dmp

C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-15178-0.sysdata.xml

Could someone please have a look at my DMP file and get back to me? would be extremely grateful.

Thanks

Scott

Attached Files

Edited by Scottrich, 15 March 2014 - 08:49 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

Did you reinstall Windows after installing it in the new build?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Scottrich

Scottrich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:01 AM

Did you reinstall Windows after installing it in the new build?

No i didn't do a re install will try that now will be on mobile so can look at thread.  

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:07 AM

Just as a future reference, please read the following.

When you take a hdd with a Windows operating system installed from the computer it was originally installed on and install it in another computer you are asking for major problems. The excerpt below is from a Intel article which describes in detail what happens. The article also mentions a reference to an article by Microsoft, it can be seen here.

Moving a hard drive with Windows already installed to a new motherboard without reinstalling the operating system is not recommended.

If a hard drive is moved to a new computer, the registry entries and drivers for the mass storage controller hardware on the new motherboard are not installed in Windows for the new computer you may not be able to start Windows. This is true even if you move the hard drive to a motherboard with the same chipset, as different hardware revisions can cause this issue as well.

Additionally, moving a hard drive to a new motherboard may not exhibit any errors until you install new IDE drivers. This is because each chipset uses a different Plug-n-Play (PNP) ID to identify it. If you change your motherboard, your registry will have multiple PNP IDs (for the old hardware as well as the new hardware). If there are multiple entries in the registry, Windows cannot determine which hardware to initialize and therefore fails with a STOP error.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Scottrich

Scottrich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:35 PM

Just as a future reference, please read the following.

When you take a hdd with a Windows operating system installed from the computer it was originally installed on and install it in another computer you are asking for major problems. The excerpt below is from a Intel article which describes in detail what happens. The article also mentions a reference to an article by Microsoft, it can be seen here.

Moving a hard drive with Windows already installed to a new motherboard without reinstalling the operating system is not recommended.

If a hard drive is moved to a new computer, the registry entries and drivers for the mass storage controller hardware on the new motherboard are not installed in Windows for the new computer you may not be able to start Windows. This is true even if you move the hard drive to a motherboard with the same chipset, as different hardware revisions can cause this issue as well.

Additionally, moving a hard drive to a new motherboard may not exhibit any errors until you install new IDE drivers. This is because each chipset uses a different Plug-n-Play (PNP) ID to identify it. If you change your motherboard, your registry will have multiple PNP IDs (for the old hardware as well as the new hardware). If there are multiple entries in the registry, Windows cannot determine which hardware to initialize and therefore fails with a STOP error.

Ok I reinstalled windows and it worked for the first restart and now it back to not shutting down...

#6 Scottrich

Scottrich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

Nm fixed it was a sound driver issue...

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:57 PM

Cool. :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users