Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Start up options

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Scottintexas

Scottintexas

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:02 AM

Windows Vista Business, SP 2

When the computer starts uo I have to make a choice between Administrator and Me. I am the "Administrator." I own this machine! I once let an onlline computer company mess with my computer because I was at the point of shooting it. Since then it has been really messed up.

I cannot find anyplace on here that lets me change the start up. I want it to start up as Me with all the power of a super administrator computer god.

I need to know where to find the settings and get it right once and for all.

Can you help?

Still searching for the "Read My Mind and Do It" button.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dls62

dls62

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:32 AM

Provided your own user account is an "Administrator", the process is fairly simple, but please verify that before proceeding and make sure that you do this when logged in under your own user account.

Click on Start and enter command prompt in the Search box.  Right-click on Command Prompt in the Programs section at the top of the menu and select 'Run as administrator'.

In the console window that opens, enter the following command and press Enter.

net user administrator /active:no

You should get the response:

The command completed successfully.

Close the console window and the next time you log on the Administrator user should not appear on the logon screen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users