Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

External Hard Drive Newbie

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ryrhino

ryrhino

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:38 PM

Hi,

I have a 500 GB hard drive. This is the first time I have used one.
I have backed up personal files, photos, videos, music ect.

I used EaseUS Todo Backup Free to do a system back up. Did I need to do a system backup?
What kind of additional back ups do I need to do and how often? Weekly, monthly, daily, yearly? How do I do additional back ups using EaseUS Free if they are needed?
How much space do backups take? I only want to use this one drive.
I have currently 389 GB of free space on the hard drive.

Vista is my OS if that is helpful.

Thanks for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:32 AM

What kind of additional back ups do I need to do and how often? Weekly, monthly, daily, yearly? How do I do additional back ups using EaseUS Free if they are needed?

This will depend on what type of work environment you are in terms of creating system or data backup. Easus Todo Support Site guides and tips have explained which users would fit to choose in terms of the type of backup.

About Incremental Backup

About Differential Backup

How to Schedule Backup

Tekken

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:45 PM

How often you back up is a personal decision.  The main thing to consider is that should the worst happen you can get back to your last backup.

Following the 3-2-1 Backup Rule is a start.

3 - Copies

2 - Different types of media

1 - Off-site.

Additionally it is recommended to verify your backups.  I can't tell you how many people thought they had a backup, only to find when they needed it, there was nothing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users