Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Flash Player

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jeanie3

Jeanie3

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:52 PM

I did have Flash player installed in my programs. But in the past month, Every time I click on a video or clip, It pops up & says I need to insall Flash player. So I click on the download they provide.... go thru the process & it even says , congratulations & thanks for installing Adobe Flash Player..... BUT.... I still can not watch videos...... he page still pops up saying I need to install lased version  Of flash player.

Can anyone ell me what's going on?

hanks

Edited by hamluis, 15 March 2014 - 11:15 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:48 PM

Sometimes Flash can get corrupted and it needs to be uninstalled completely using the tool at the link below. You don't say what browser you are using but you might try a different one to see if Flash does the same thing on multiple browsers.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

#3 Jeanie3

Jeanie3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:01 PM

Thanks, I have windows 7 on this laptop,  Internet Explorer. 

I have gone to my Control panel & Programs & uninstalled flash drive & re installed... same thing.  I will try doing that agin wih your link..

Thanks

#4 Lornhane

Lornhane

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:50 AM

If that does not help you I would try resetting Internet Explorer.

To do this the steps are simple.

In Internet Explorer  click on Tools and then Internet Options. From there go to the Advanced tab and click on Reset. A popup will appear, all you have to do is click Reset again and then close when process is finished. You will then close Internet Explorer and open again and try your video.

#5 Jeanie3

Jeanie3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:41 AM

OK, But if I do reset, will that get rid of everything I have installed  since I got this laptop?

Thanks

#6 Jeanie3

Jeanie3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:08 PM

Thanks.

I got it fixed... I apparently had the active X filter on. so I unchecked it & I can now see video.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users