Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Says ''No Video Input'' Looking a while for a fix :\

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Zeniix

Zeniix

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:07 AM

Hello guys,

Recently I bumped into this problem that my monitor started to give me a msg that said ''No Video Input'' this happened after my pc randomly shut down. 

I thought the problem was with my motherboard and bought a new one but still the same problem, starts up, everything is spinning but no power is going to the keyboard/mouse & on my monitor it keeps saying No Video Input.

Also I just noticed my mobo doesn't beeps when I have no ram in it and there's no lamp that gets on.

With no Video input I also mean ''NO BIOS'' screen

-What I tried-
Switched PSU
Switched Ram/Diff Sockets
Switched Graphics Card
Use the MOBO graphics card
Test my 2 monitors on diff pc's (they work) 

-Didn't tried yet- 
Switching CPU
Switching Hard Drive
Switching ...?

Any suggestions what's going on/What could be the problem.

/Specs (What I know so far, will write more tomorrow when I wake up)
Mobo- msi b75MA-p45
PSU- Corsair 600W
CPU- I7 3770k 
Graphics Card - gtx660 or gtx550ti or mobo graphics card

-Zenix

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:19 AM

Did you try a different video cable?

Any connected component can cause post fault. Make sure you try to reset the cmos especially if you have any over clocks etc...

If you have a speaker connected to the main board you should get a memory fault on post with no ram installed. If you have no beep codes at all, I would start to suspect your cpu... It is the only component you have not replaced.

That being said, I would still recommend trying a bench test with only the components needed to fully post connected to the motherboard. Cpu, Cpu cooler, 1 stick of ram in 1 slot, main board with on board video through the cpu (ivy bridge) (leave your video card out for now), and the psu only plugged into the 24 pin and 4 or 8 pin main board connections. Do not plug in a keyboard or mouse, hard drive, disc drive etc. Just the monitor to the main board. Disconnect case front panel usb/audio headers from the board as well.

If you have nothing (no beeps, no bios screen etc with a motherboard speaker connected) with minimum needed components connected, on both main boards, I would try a different cpu. By the way by motherboard speaker I do not mean speakers you plug into the audio jack on the back, it must be the speaker connected near where the power button, reset button connect.

Edited by zingo156, 14 March 2014 - 11:31 AM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#3 Zeniix

Zeniix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:35 PM

Did what you said and it still doesn't work, it does give me certain beeps just not the 3 short ones when I dont have any ram inserted with this mobo, I guess I'll get a new cpu soon and see if that fixes it.

#4 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

What were the beep codes? The code could point directly at the failed component.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#5 Zeniix

Zeniix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

It was just one beep cause I tried switching some wires, it gave 1 beep and shut down, fixed it already.

#6 Zeniix

Zeniix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:51 PM

Well I'll update you as soon as I get my CPU, crossing my fingers that's the problem.

#7 Zeniix

Zeniix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:42 AM

Well update: got my new cpu but no changes were made, still no video input, I have never been this clueless so I think I'm just going to quit trying to figure this out and sell parts of my pc that were working, thx for trying to help out.

#8 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:21 AM

Did you try the cpu in both motherboards? It is very strange that with new cpu, new motherboard you get no changes. Were there any beep codes with the new cpu installed? Make sure you have a speaker connected to the main board speaker pins (near where the power button/reset button connect). Maybe you got a brand new main board that was bad. With a good cpu and a good main board with a main board speaker connected (and no ram) you will get a post fault beep code refering to a ram problem. Also if you have not tried already: build the computer outside of the case (on a non conductive surface) Just the cpu, cpu cooler, psu, mainboard, mainboard speaker, then try to power it on.

Edited by zingo156, 25 March 2014 - 10:23 AM.

#9 Zeniix

Zeniix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:06 PM

build the computer outside of the case (on a non conductive surface) Just the cpu, cpu cooler, psu, mainboard, mainboard speaker, then try to power it on.

Gives me 4beeps then it's shuts down with my new and old cpu (this is tested on my old mobo)

Edited by Zeniix, 25 March 2014 - 01:17 PM.

#10 Zeniix

Zeniix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

Looked on the forums and they say (4 beeps - Timer not operational - bad motherboard) but I can guarentee if I try my new mobo it will just give me the no video input message again

#11 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

It looks like your msi board has an AMI bios so 4 beep codes indicates a bad main board: 4 beeps - Timer not operational - bad motherboard. What was the other board you tried with?

Source: http://forum-en.msi.com/faq/article/bios-beep-codes

AMI BIOS:
1 beep - System boot successfull
*1beep - Refresh failure - (NO VIDEO) memory refresh failure (bad memory)
2 beeps - Parity error - bad memory
3 beeps - Base 64K memory failure - bad memory
4 beeps - Timer not operational - bad motherboard
5 beeps - Processor error - bad processor
6 beeps - 8042 gate A20 failure - bad cpu or mainboard
7 beeps - Processor exception interput error - bad processor
8 beeps - Display memory read/write failure - bad video card or memory
9 beeps - ROM checksum error - bad BIOS
10 beeps - CMOS shutdown register read/write error - bad motherboard
11 beeps - Cache memory bad - bad CPU or motherboard
12 beeps - BIOS rom file incorrect size - The BIOS ROM file found does not match the size of the flash device
13 beeps - BIOS rom image mismatch - The BIOS ROM file layout configuration does not match image present in the flash device
5 short + 1 long beeps - Memory error - No memory detected in the memory slots.
6 short + 1 long beeps - Memory error - EDO memory detected in system
7 short + 1 long beeps - SMBUS error

Edited by zingo156, 25 March 2014 - 01:25 PM.

#12 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:29 PM

Build it outside of the case with the other board which will save time (just the cpu, cpu cooler, main board, psu, and see if you get a different post beep code, if you get a ram beep code, put 1 stick of ram in and test again. If you get 1 beep (successful post) plug in a monitor and check if you have video.

It is possible you got a brand new board that is bad. When you tested those monitors on different computers, were you using the same cable for the computer that has no video? Make sure the monitor is set to the correct input: HDMI, DVI, VGA, etc.

Edited by zingo156, 25 March 2014 - 01:34 PM.

#13 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:32 PM

I edited the above post.

#14 Zeniix

Zeniix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:05 PM

Starts up and shuts down with 1 beep, doesn't give any other beeps (even without ram inserted) * on the new mobo.

Also my power supply doesn't wants to get turned on without a cable being plugged in on my mobo that comes from the case?

Edited by Zeniix, 25 March 2014 - 02:08 PM.

#15 Zeniix

Zeniix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:21 PM

I was using differnet cabled btw all the time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users