Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

contiual freezing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 maxwellaa

maxwellaa

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:22 AM

Hi, I run a Toshiba Satellite C660D lap top , Windows 7 64bit  Home premium its personal use only, I have Internet  Explorer 11 at present, I'm experiencing freezing and sites not responding, Recover the webpage prompts continually .System is also slow also if you wish to stream a movie /tv show it will not start the movie once it gets there.  I have attempted to uninstall  IE11 [ which I can do ]   and download IE 9  but every time I try I get message this version not compatible with my system [ even though its windows 7 32/64 bit version ]   and that I have copy of IE 9 already on my computer which I cannot find . There is no reference to IE 9 in Update going back a couple of years. I;m  73 years old and no computer buff , This my first post and hope somebody can help .

P.S. I've tried system restore no improvement

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:26 PM

Hi,

I'm 75 but I'll try to help.

Try to drop back to IE10. It's not quite as good as 11 but it does play better with most everything.

Laptops sometimes have a problem with heat. Make sure that all of the vents are clean and free to breathe. A cooling pad is another option.

I wouldn't recommend any IE versions earlier than 10 for security reasons. If you feel like trying something new Firefox might provide some relief from your IE problems.

Some of the rest sounds like either low RAM or slow Internet connection related.

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users