Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Output Troubles

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 spiritcloud

spiritcloud

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 15 May 2006 - 10:34 PM

My wife went to use her pc and found the screensaver frozen. After rebooting, the video ouput apparently just stopped working. The monitor doesn't even recognize that it is hooked up.

I hooked the pc up to multiple monitors with the same result. I put both master and slave hard drives in another pc and both booted up fine.

My assumption is something strange has happened with the video, since everything else seems to be working. But I put in a new video card and it made no difference. (This pc has the video ad audio built into the mother board.)

I'm somewhat at a loss because nothing even shows up on a monitor for me to try and figure out what's going on. It must be a physical problem other than the hard drives.

If it is the video, why isn't the new card fixing the problem?
If it is not the video, what else could it be?

Any advice or solutions?

(Another small thing we noticed is that the computer no longer beeps shortly after being turned on.)

Thanks.
Nobility is not a birthright--it is a way of life.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 spiritcloud

spiritcloud
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 15 May 2006 - 11:52 PM

Is it possible that the CPU is dead? Would that cause these symptoms? Everything seems to have power and be working, but no boot?
Nobility is not a birthright--it is a way of life.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 16 May 2006 - 02:37 AM

It could be a number of things, a loose RAM module, or card, or power connection. It could be a bad CPU, or RAM, or your motherboar.

Does your motherboard have a LED display? If it does, are the LEDs on?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users