Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DELL LATITUDE d430 HAS SLOTS FOR PC CARD AND SMARTCARD

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 C.PAUL B.

C.PAUL B.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:08 AM

What is a pc card and smartcard? What do they do? Do we still need them or are they obsolete?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,084 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:01 AM

I an guessing one slot is about 1-1/4 wide if so that is the one tha excepts the card from your camera.  I use tha slot to pull my pictures off onto my lap top, it open like any other drive.  You can high light a bunch of photos and drag them into a folder, it to me is faster than using the camera software.  The pci slot allows you to uswe an upgraded video card, if you game it is useful but it also seems to be troubleson to some that try to us it.

Phil

Edited by OldPhil, 13 March 2014 - 10:02 AM.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 C.PAUL B.

C.PAUL B.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:07 AM

Thanks Phil for the reply. Both slots are in the same spot, one on top of the other. The smartcard slot is on the bottom, the pc card slot on top. The PC card slot has a plastic slide out holder for a card that comes all the way out. So what are these two cards, what do you use them for and how do you get them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users