Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ethernet cord not snapping into Ethernet port

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tim Brastow

Tim Brastow

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:21 PM

I've had this issue since I have got this computer nearly a year ago. When I plug my Ethernet cord into the Ethernet port, I do not get a click or a snap. I can then take out the cord like any other cord. It is a very loose connection and you kind of have to jiggle the cord in the port a little bit in order to get connectivity. Sometimes if I slightly bump the Ethernet cord, it will disconnect.

I tried cleaning the Ethernet port out but it doesn't seem to work. I also tried out three different Ethernet cords and none of them will snap in.

I don't know what is wrong here. Has anyone had this happen to them before?
Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:20 PM

It sounds like a poorly made port. I have seen it several times. I know it's not a 'fix', but you can put a bit of paper in with it to make it tight. (half put the paper in, then insert the plug to push it in fully) Obviously not on the side with the pins.

Recently I have been coming across ports so tight (new HP laptops) that you have to line it up exactly then jam it in, and it's a struggle to get out. Also poorly made IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users