Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe X PDF Printer isn't functioning with IE11

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mailr0425

mailr0425

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:07 PM

I have a user in the office here that needs to print some websites and invoices to PDF. She's been able to do this without a hitch in the past but it seems as though this has now broken. The status bar will begin to load and then just shut off randomly.

I asked her to try it in Chrome and she was able to do it without an issue but this is just a work around.

Troubleshooting steps I've taken:

• Repaired Adobe Acrobat X
  • Shut off pop-up blockers in IE11
  • Disabled add-ins to IE11
  • Scanned for Malware

Anyone have any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,333 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:24 PM

I deleted the duplicate topic that was posted in the other forum, to avoid potentially confusing a conflicting information. The best answer I can give you is to uninstall IE11 and use IE10. IE11 is way too buggy and many Microsoft apps themselves don't work in IE11. If you auto update be sure to ignore IE11 at least for now. I realize this isn't a fix to continue using IE11. But I am 99.99999% positive this is an IE11 compatibility issue.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 mailr0425

mailr0425
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:32 PM

That's what I figured, thanks for the reassurance! I'll try it on the user's machine.

Sorry for the double-post. I wasn't sure if it should've been in this forum or the other one.

Thanks again! :bowdown:

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,333 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:42 PM

No problem, you're quite welcome. Welcome to the Bleeping Computer community.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#5 mailr0425

mailr0425
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:47 PM

Thanks!

This place is a WEALTH of information! By the off-chance, do you know of any good threads about learning how to use ComboFix properly? I read the write-up but I'd like to learn how to not break machines with ComboFix (as I've done in the past). In other words, I'd like to know what not to delete with ComboFix.

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,333 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:07 PM

Unfortunately the developer of ComboFix has requested all operable functionality discussions be private. This is because the bad guys do read our forums. This ensures that the tool will not be compromised immediately upon a new revision. This also why we strongly suggest that you use ComboFix under the supervision of a trained helper who has direct access to the developer should something go wrong.

The only public information about ComboFix is here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273628/combofix-usage-questions-help-look-here/

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#7 mailr0425

mailr0425
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:27 PM

Wow. That's pretty sobering.

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely be a part of this community. Super helpful!

Thanks again!

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,333 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:29 PM

You're quite Welcome, and Thank You for choosing Bleeping Computer for assistance.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users