Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Phantom Files reappearing on desktop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 williamvincent

williamvincent

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:03 PM

Hi I run windows 7 on my samsung NF210 laptop.

I recently downloaded a rar file full of old C64 Games as i was thinking of using an emulator to play them i decided against this and deleted the emulator.

i did however open the rar games file by accident and it sent all of the games onto my desktop.

I deleted all the files including the original file that i had downloaded from a trusted site that i have never had any trouble with. plus i had scanned the rar file on download with norton internet security which said it was clean.

twice now my computer has gone a bit wierd and then all of the games files which was a lot have returned to my desktop. i have now deleted them again

i also noticed when i was attaching an email file today that the games were showing up as being available to attach as a file from the desktop, without actually being there

can anyone give any advice on how to stop it happening again?

thanks

Edited by hamluis, 13 March 2014 - 12:46 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TomH49

TomH49

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

Are you deleting the files or just shortcuts? If they reapear, right click and check properties for the file location. Also check Control Panel to remove the programs not just the emulator.

#3 williamvincent

williamvincent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:42 AM

Hi Tom

Thank you for replying i have deleted them all off the desktop and cleaned the trash can out

but it it happens again i will check your procedures and follow your instructions and repost if it happens again

thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users