Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Hp Printer That Thinks Its A Harddrive

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 C J.

C J.

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 15 May 2006 - 08:43 PM

System I'm working on is a Dell Dimension 4600C PC, running XP Home Ed SP2, all patches have been applied. This printer is a Printer, scanner, copier model and is a USB device. Emulation (no boot) has been disabled in Legacy Hardware settings, because the System would fail to boot to Windows from hard drive, yet it still shows up in the Device Manager Tree as being a hard drive.

Edited by C J., 15 May 2006 - 08:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 15 May 2006 - 08:52 PM

Hi C J.

If you printer has flash memory slots, It may appear as a drive. It would act the same as if it were a USB thumb/flash drive.

I hope this helps,

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 C J.

C J.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 15 May 2006 - 09:37 PM

Hi C J.

If you printer has flash memory slots, It may appear as a drive. It would act the same as if it were a USB thumb/flash drive.

I hope this helps,

rigel

Yes, your right. I just found that out from chatting HP Support online in Pakistan LOL! It must be a killer printer when the drivers and software are all installed right. Thanks for your reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users