Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to configure proxy server in Windows 8.1?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sushi156

sushi156

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:52 PM

I cannot access the internet, except through a bootdisc (Spotmau).  I get a message that says the proxy server cannot connect.  The only help I can find says to "re-check proxy server settings and check to be sure my firewall is not blocking the connection".  I don't see anything wrong with the proxy settings.  Any suggestions out there?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acerts04

acerts04

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

hello and :welcome: do you use a proxy server? please try these steps

a) Under "Tools" in the browser tool bar select "Internet Options".

b In the "Internet Options" Window that pops up, click the "Connections" tab at the top.

c) Click "LAN Settings" near the bottom of the "Connections" section.

d) If the "Proxy server" checkbox is marked with a check, click it to deselect/uncheck it.

e) Click "Ok" to close the "Local Area Network (LAN) Settings" window.

f) Click "Ok" to close the "Internet Options" Window.

Now check if you are able to connect to Internet Explorer.

if that does not work, please check to see if you have a program installed on your computer by the name of sysTPL. if this is there, uninstall it.

also check yuour startup services for the process sysTPL.exe if it is there, disable it.

Edited by acerts04, 12 March 2014 - 05:18 PM.

"In real life, the hardest aspect of the battle between good and evil is determining which is which."

#3 sushi156

sushi156
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:12 AM

Thanks. That worked.
I appreciate the help.

#4 acerts04

acerts04

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:28 AM

Your welcome! :thumbsup: glad i could help. Thank you for letting me know it worked ouf! :)

"In real life, the hardest aspect of the battle between good and evil is determining which is which."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users