Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 - Ghost Typing Then Shutting Off

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Valendro

Valendro

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:45 PM

windows 7 is in the habit of ghost typing the number 65 and various punctuation and then shutting itself off entirely... this happens what appears to be 100% randomly... while in chrome browser and this happens it opens up chrome help, when i was browsing the events in the event view and other management console windows open it opened up windows help, so it seems to open the various help pages, type 65 and various punctuation if a text box is available, then shuts off... i have tried to find any help from the various forums on this issue but so far no luck... several talk about computers shutting off while online but none of them mention the ghost typing and so far none of the solutions have helped, i ran several external virus scans and cleaned off a couple of major threats and the issue seemed to be cleared and the computer stayed on long enough to run several more scans, however it began shutting off again as soon as all the scans were finished and coming up all clear

Edited by hamluis, 14 March 2014 - 10:02 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:52 PM

Welcome,

Sorry to hear of the problem. I'd strongly recommend that you visit the forum where you can get some help with your infection.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

Don't try any more do it yourself fixes as you can make the problem worse

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 Valendro

Valendro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:26 AM

im not messing with anything do it yourself yet, just scans and a microsoft hotfix... i was browsing the event logs looking for information as to what might be causing the shutting down but it closed while i was browsing... im not just an uneducated user, i have not been able to find any topics with similar issues, one or the other but not the same, im not even sure it is an infection since all the scans now are coming up clean... are there any other possibilities? could this be a hardware issue or is it just a bot buried THAT deep into the system?... it only seems to happen while the computer is connected to the web, could it be a bot with remote access keeping monitor?

#4 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:41 AM

Hi,

My recommendation is still to go to the forum linked above and get trained assistance. The clean scans could indicate that it is hardware related but as you have mentioned it could also be something else.

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#5 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:12 AM

I would go to Am I infected? first. You don't need logs, just repost what's happening and let others ask questions.

EDIT: Never mind :lmao:

Edited by Netghost56, 14 March 2014 - 10:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users