Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Restriction Virus

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 IGotAVirusAgain

IGotAVirusAgain

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:39 PM

So I was just looking through YouTube then I saw a video about getting a free Minecraft account, I'm a sucker for minecraft. So I clicked on the video thinking it would be legit, you know. Then I download the file in the description and I run it not scanning it, I don't have any Anti-Virus software so after I opened the .exe file, it didn't do anything, I thought it was a little suspicious so I tried to delete it but then it said I didn't have permission. After that I knew I was completely screwed. So I tried going into Windows Security Alerts then it says, "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." Then I tried going into Control Panel to change my permissions then I got the same message. Then I tried opening Command Prompt because I had seen another video that you can remove files and viruses with cmd. So then after that I saw that there's a System Restore file, that can reset your computer to factory defaults, Same message. So I tried downloading MalwareBytes, an error occured same thing happened when I tried to download Microsoft Security Essentials. I need some help please if there's anything anyone can do to help me get this off my PC please let me know and reply back. Please hurry

Edited by hamluis, 11 March 2014 - 05:29 PM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 IGotAVirusAgain

IGotAVirusAgain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:00 PM

Come on guys I need your help please Reply

#3 Uselesslight

Uselesslight

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:34 PM

You might try using the Kas rescue disk: http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/rescuedisk

You'll have to burn it to a CD making sure that it's bootable as well, I favor a program called ImgBurn.

Judging by your predicament you won't be able to make this disk on said computer, so if you have a different one available for the time being, you'll need to use it.

#4 IGotAVirusAgain

IGotAVirusAgain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:07 PM

Thank you I'll definitely try that thanks :) I'll get back to you. to everyone who didn't help: 

Mod Edit: removed coded link ~~ boopme

Edited by boopme, 11 March 2014 - 07:01 PM.

#5 Uselesslight

Uselesslight

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:11 PM

You're welcome, I'd like to hear how it goes. 

But for everyone on here that didn't reply, keep in mind that this forum is volunteer based and we don't always have time for quick replies.  And further, the people that do have time may not know what to tell you to fix it in all cases. 

Do let me know though :)

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:12 PM

Hi -
Well a wait of 60 to 90 minutes is not a "long wait" to fix a problem you caused -

First - "I don't have any Anti-Virus software" and no updated Malwarebytes will always cause big problems.

OK - If you can create a Kaspersky Rescue disk, it may help in the long run.

For now, try this Malwarebytes MBAM Chameleon Link.
This is designed for people to try and scan when they are blocked by infections etc.

Next - Please read This topic. It will describe how to remove Extensions and Add-ons from all browsers.

Once you run those basic ideas, please post back, and then we will run a few scans -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users