Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dimming-brightening and corner warping

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 faster

faster

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

I use Windows 7. Fairly new to it. Sometimes, the screen dims and brightens repeatedly - it's not intense, but noticeable.

Now something has changed about it, and it has acquired a pale, but distinct green cast. The whole proceess affects everything from browsers, to videos and movies, to PC games, and, of course the desktop.

WHY is that dimming an attribute of W7? Sometimes the bottom right corner warps itself briefly, too - and again, no matter what I'm doing on my PC.

I find it obnoxious. Even more so in green.

At the very least, I want an explanation. Ideally, I'd like a way to get rid of it.

Thanks
Holly

Edited by hamluis, 12 March 2014 - 11:06 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,049 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:38 PM

It sounds like a video issue, is the computer new?  Also please provide all system specs, it helps the guys out to know what they are working with.

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:35 PM

When you reply to OldPhil, can you also include details of your monitor please. I agree with him that this is almost certainly a video issue, and while it could be a problem with the video card in your computer and/or its drivers, it could equally well be a problem with your monitor.

One thing I can assure you of, it is not 'An attribute of Win 7' !   Microsoft may be guilty of many things, but foisting 'interesting' screen displays upon us is not one of them, with the possible exception of Win 8 ! 

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users