Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen goes blank to grey colour Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Abarisati

Abarisati

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:30 PM

Hi Guys!

I need help for my computer, I thank whoever takes time and afford to reply.

I have been using my computer over 8 years and suddenly display to  go off after running couple of minutes opening all the files. Suddenly screen goes blank. But the processor is running.  I can't shut it down using power button so I unplug power cable an turn it on with safe mode I did system scan, found and fixed this problem "CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log" but problem still persist, screen goes blank and grey. I did the scan again and found no fault. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:56 PM

Welcome,

If all of your components are 8 years old I suspect that they are at the very end of their life cycle. Before things get too much worse be sure to back up everything in the way of data and documents you have to have. Then I would recommend an easy fix - a new computer.

If I were to guess about the weakest components they would be the power supply, graphics card, and possibly the monitor.

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,482 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:27 AM

PSU failing or the system halting from overheating. If you had that long and never cleaned it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users