I have 10 computers networked together with a Windows SBS11 server as a domain controller. Of the 10 computers 6 of them are Windows 7 Pro (64bit) and the other 4 are Windows Vista Pro (32bit). About a month ago all the Vista Computers stopped downloading updates and giving an error, "Windows can't check for updates" message. When you attempt to check for updates manually or automatically the error is displayed, however there isn't any issue with updates being downloaded and installed to the Windows 7 computers.
I've tried the following:
- Ran System Update Readiness Tool.
- Running Malware Bytes and Vipre Anti-Virus scans in Safemode. No infections found.
- Disabled Firewall and reran search.
- Reset proxy, using the netsh winhttp from the command prompt.
- Restarted Windows Update Services.
- Ensured that the BITS Service was running.
- Updated GPO to not Windows Updates to be configured on the computers.
- Changed settings in Windows Update to allow manually updating. Allowed for the updates to be installed, but after reboot computer reverted back to old settings and error appeared.
If there are any other suggestions I would be greatly appreciate them.