Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista networking / Samsung smart tv / another generic media player

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 headsetguy

headsetguy

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:32 AM

The quest:

view audio files on Smart TV.

Installed Samsung Link on Vista Home Premium machine.  no luck.  then noticed that the TV would no longer see the vista machine ( i could navigate from the TV to the vista machine prior to install) I also have another generice media player in another room that also cannot now see the vista machine.

attempts to fix:

uninstalled Samsung link

unistall another related program "Plex"

system restore (it reported failure to restore indicating restore file was damaged)

checked network sharing and Network was Public, changed that back to private

all sharing settings  are checked correctly for normal sharing  - Network Discovery on, File sharing on, Printer sharing on. public folder sharing on, pasword protected sharing om, media sharing on

network and sharing center extremely slow to open

when i click diagnose and repair in the network and sharing center i get "Windows has confirmed that this computer is currently experiencing a network connectivity problem"  The problem cannot be repaired automatically.  I have researched this and tried the recommendations with no luck.

Internet acces is working perfectly.

I have updated and run Malwarebytes to make sure no virus - clean

Also have Avast running with no issues.

I can ping TV and Gerenic media player but those devices cannot see/login to the vista machine anymore.

I have have this happen before and i think it was related to some service that got toggled off, possibly during the installation of the programs mentioned above.

suggestions or questions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TechGranny

TechGranny

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:32 PM

Hello --- I run PLEX media server for my home theater, etc. I have the Internet access mixed problems when I have had more than one device reboot at the same time eg. Desktop, laptop, Roku ,etc. my network dhcp is on and somehow the PLEX server (Vista) doesn't flush the IP it had out and grab a new one on reboot. I get message about connectivity but cannot see other devices in my home network but I can get on the Internet. I am unable to do a refresh or release on the network even from a command line. The only solution I have tried that works for me is to go into device manager, uninstall my network card for the cable connection (this machine is not wireless enabled), reboot this system so that it reinstalls the card and it will grab a new IP when it connects.

hope this at least gives you something to think about. Keep in mind that what works for me may not work for you and I cannot guarantee that this will fix your problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users