Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 not responding randomly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bouwe

Bouwe

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:11 AM

Hello,

I have a really difficult and weird problem with Windows 7, it keeps freezing randomly. I took an USB plugged it in that computer to backup my files, I plugged it in a different computer also running Windows 7, almost instantly the other computer running Windows had the exact same problem. My first thoughts were a virus that jumped onto an USB and infected Windows. I'm also running ubuntu, that goes just fine. I did a fresh install formatting my USB and my hard drive on both of the pc's and still the problem remains.

I study computer science and I have installed different operating systems numerous times but never encountered anything like this. It seems to be a virus, but how can it persist after formatting? It infected my other pc through my USB, but on the other hand it looks like hardware related issues? 

Any ideas?

Edited by hamluis, 11 March 2014 - 01:31 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acerts04

acerts04

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:14 PM

hi! and :welcome: to bleeping computer!

please follow these below steps

Publish a snapshot of your system using Speccy.

Please follow the below tutorial to know how to use "Speccy" to collect system info.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

Don't paste the output displayed by "Speccy" here. Instead paste the web link it displays.

Minitoolbox log.

Download "Minitoolbox" from the below link.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/

Run the tool and only select the following tick boxes.

List last 10 Event viewer errors
List installed program
List users, partition and memory size

Now click "Go" and post the output displayed in next reply.

"In real life, the hardest aspect of the battle between good and evil is determining which is which."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users