Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Message

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Raddog52

Raddog52

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:44 PM

I have an HP Pavilion DV2000 that appears to have more than one problem. I am running Win 7HE.

I have tried clicking on items on the task bar with no luck. The icons refer to a program no longer in its original place or having different permissions. I'll use Google Chrome as an example: clicking the icon on the task bar gives me a message saying the program is no longer there and asking if I want to remove the icon. Double clicking the icon on the desktop does nothing. Right clicking that icon and clicking run does nothing. Right clicking and clicking on run as administrator does nothing. Clicking on start\all programs\Google Chrome(folder)\Google Chrome gives nothing. Performing the same sequence, but right clicking on Google Chrome in this instance, and clicking on run as administrator, causes Google Chrome to start and access is granted to the internet. 

I received a message stating my Malwarebytes is out of date by 12 days. By clicking the icon to update I get a "vbAccelerator SGridII Control" message: Run-time error '0' followed by a "Malwarebytes AntiMalware" message: Run-time error '440': Automation error

I am able to download Tweaking.com all-in-one tool but when I go to install it, I get the following message:

Could not create install shortcut:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start
Menu\Programs\Tweaking.com\Windows Repair (All in One)\Uninstall
Tweaking.com - Windows Repair (All in One).Ink

Any suggestions on next steps?
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:25 AM

"vbAccelerator SGridII Control" message: Run-time error '0' followed by a "Malwarebytes AntiMalware" message: Run-time error '440': Automation error
Hello -
This is a "basic Malwarebytes Anti-Malware issue, please visit This Page and scroll down to =>15.ISSUE: I'm getting a Runtime error 0 and 440 automation error.

You will most likely need to add the full item (including the Visual Basic link at the bottom)

This may sound odd, but please visit the page I have linked, and see if it fixes it.

Post back to this topic if you still have problems, or tell us how it went -

#3 Raddog52

Raddog52
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:00 PM

Thank you for the suggestions. I followed the directions in Issue 15. I also downloaded the updates for MVBCC. I restarted after each. I still get the same results.

#4 danzkin

danzkin

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:40 PM

I have an HP Pavilion DV2000 that appears to have more than one problem. I am running Win 7HE.

I have tried clicking on items on the task bar with no luck. The icons refer to a program no longer in its original place or having different permissions. I'll use Google Chrome as an example: clicking the icon on the task bar gives me a message saying the program is no longer there and asking if I want to remove the icon. Double clicking the icon on the desktop does nothing. Right clicking that icon and clicking run does nothing. Right clicking and clicking on run as administrator does nothing. Clicking on start\all programs\Google Chrome(folder)\Google Chrome gives nothing. Performing the same sequence, but right clicking on Google Chrome in this instance, and clicking on run as administrator, causes Google Chrome to start and access is granted to the internet. 

I received a message stating my Malwarebytes is out of date by 12 days. By clicking the icon to update I get a "vbAccelerator SGridII Control" message: Run-time error '0' followed by a "Malwarebytes AntiMalware" message: Run-time error '440': Automation error

I am able to download Tweaking.com all-in-one tool but when I go to install it, I get the following message:

Could not create install shortcut:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start
Menu\Programs\Tweaking.com\Windows Repair (All in One)\Uninstall
Tweaking.com - Windows Repair (All in One).Ink

Any suggestions on next steps?
Thanks

"vbAccelerator SGridII Control" message: Run-time error '0' followed by a "Malwarebytes AntiMalware" message: Run-time error '440': Automation error
Hello -
This is a "basic Malwarebytes Anti-Malware issue, please visit This Page and scroll down to =>15.ISSUE: I'm getting a Runtime error 0 and 440 automation error.

You will most likely need to add the full item (including the Visual Basic link at the bottom)

This may sound odd, but please visit the page I have linked, and see if it fixes it.

Post back to this topic if you still have problems, or tell us how it went -

I'm having the same issue.  I also tried these suggestions, with a restart after each, with no change.

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:08 AM

Hi -
That link to the page I left are the Genuine Current Malwarebytes fixes.

You may have noticed it was a link to the Malwarebytes forum FAQ area.

You can also post your problem directly to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help for assistance.

The Am I Infected area here is not set up for this type of problem, due to the tools required.

But we will try to help you on this site, and you must follow these directions

Please follow the instructions in => THIS Prep Guide starting at Step #6.

NOTE - If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the 2 DDS logs are created, make a NEW TOPIC and post it to => Malware Removal Logs. area

Note that Windows 8 / 8.1 will not create DDS logs, so just post with a good description.

If HelpBot replies, please follow its Step #1 and the team will be notified.

Tell me where you post the new topic so we can close this one and only let the Experts fix your problem.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,864 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:44 AM

MRL topic for Raddog52 at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527363/error-messages/#entry3313903 .

MRL topic for danzkin at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527446/possible-malware-malwarebytes-not-working-or-downloading/#entry3314698

This topic is closed to avoid further confusion.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users