Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD, help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ciscokid86

Ciscokid86

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:29 PM

I just started getting the BSOD over the last few days. It seems that my laptop is crashing at some point after I put it to sleep, and then I encounter the BSOD during startup. After Windows loads, I get the following popup message details:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:                        BlueScreen

OS Version:                                          6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID:                                             4105

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode:                                               1000007e

BCP1:                                                    FFFFFFFFC0000005

BCP2:                                                    FFFFF880041BA357

BCP3:                                                    FFFFF880033A16F8

BCP4:                                                    FFFFF880033A0F50

OS Version:                                          6_1_7601

Service Pack:                                       1_0

Product:                                               768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\031014-20451-01.dmp

C:\Users\Jesse\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-71916-0.sysdata.xml

I ran a program called BlueScreenView. Below is a link to the screenshot of the dumpfiles:

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I have no clue what to do. 

Capture_zps4e29aaaf.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:38 PM

Download Minitoolbox - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/

Start the application.Set ticks everywhere.Click GO button.After scan is done a log will appear.Save and attach it here.

#3 acerts04

acerts04

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:30 PM

hello! :thumbsup: since alex&vanko already asked you to post your minitoolbox log, please follow my steps below as it gives me more information to troubleshoot what is causing your crashes

Upload the actual crash dump files.

You will find the crash dump files inside C:\Windows\Minidump folder. To copy the dumps, disable "User Account Control" first. Otherwise you may receive a permission error. After disabling UAC, copy and zip all the dumps using 7-zip ( http://www.7-zip.org ). Either attach the zip with next reply using "More reply options --> Attach files" or use a free file hosting site.

For example -> http://www.mediafire.com/

Publish a snapshot of your system using Speccy.

Please follow the below tutorial to know how to use "Speccy" to collect system info.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

Don't paste the output displayed by "Speccy" here. Instead paste the web link it displays.

The hdaudio.sys file that shows in blue screen view probably isnt the cause of your crash because it is a windows system file. Analyzing the actual dump files will hopefully reveal more

Edited by acerts04, 10 March 2014 - 11:37 PM.

"In real life, the hardest aspect of the battle between good and evil is determining which is which."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users