Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mobile devices such as my tablet, phone are unable to connect to my wifi

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 monkpart9

monkpart9

• Members
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:13 PM

Hey guys, it's exactly what it sounds like. Unfortunately for some reason I'm unable to use my wifi data and am only able to connect to the 4G network. I checked my modem and r outer and wasn't able to find any immediate problems with unplugged cables. I called my internet provider and they told me it was an internal problem so that didn't solve anything. I checked my internet connection settings on my computer and everything there seems to be in order as well. On each device I even checked to see if I had all the settings set correctly so I could connect to my wifi and they seemed to be in order as well as the fact that I can connect to other people's wifi just fine. Just wondering if there's anything obvious that I'm missing? If anyone could provide any insight I'd really appreciate it. Thank you for your time in advance.

If you do things right, then people won't know if you've done anything at all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:36 PM

Are you typing in the correct pass phrase for your wireless? For that matter do you have wireless setup correctly? What is the make and model of the router? Who is your ISP as well

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:23 AM

Do you run a 5ghz band or only 2.4ghz?

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:41 PM

Your wireless security can also affect what devices are able to connect.  If the wireless security is not supported by the device it will be unable to connect.

#5 easyrider2

easyrider2

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:08 AM

Hi,

Was the wireless working ever on your router? Which make and model do you use?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users