Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Secunia PSI 3.0 Sys Tray Notification

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 912 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:40 AM

Greetings All,

Got a notification that a program needed manual update. Opened up Secunia and the update concerned the following:

Macrovision Update Service Active X Control 1.x version 1.20.100.1203. There are no further updates as this is the end

of life.

We suggest you uninstall. Well, I tried finding where this service was located but no success.

Can someone point me in the right direction??

Many thanks !!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dls62

dls62

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:05 PM

There will probably be an entry something like Software Updates somewhere in your Start Menu.  When you installed some software the InstallShield Update Manager or FLEXnet Connect Common Software Manager will have been installed with it.  It's supposed to keep the software up-to-date.

I have it on my system, installed with a Nuance product, and there is no separate uninstaller for it.

#3 sikntired

sikntired
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 912 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:58 PM

Thanks for the confirmation dls62. Thought that was a possibility since my research also mirrored your response.

Regards............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users