Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 7 won't start

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jsmg

jsmg

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:21 PM

Hello,

I am getting a message

stop:  c0000135 the program cant start because %hs is missing from your computer.  try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. 

I am unable to open windows and hp system repair says it can't fix problem.

any suggestions?

thanks so much

jane

PS  is this the proper place to post this question?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acerts04

acerts04

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:02 PM

it is very possible that you might have a malware infection. Or have you recently removed a malware infection? Maybe a mod can move you to the correct forum if they feel that is the case. for now though please try to boot into recovery options by tapping f8 as soon as you boot the system. from there, follow these two guides....

1. Start or Restart the computer.

2. Boot into the Advanced Boot Options screen.

A) Select Repair your computer and press Enter.

3. Select your keyboard language preferences and click on Next. (See screeshot below).

48466d1263878648-system-recovery-options

4. Select your user name and type in the password, and then click on OK.

48467d1263878648-system-recovery-options

2. Select the Startup Repair option. (See screenshot below)
3.1010d1227511616-startup-repair-repair.jp Startup Repair will now scan your computer to attempt to find and fix any startup problems. (See screenshot below)
NOTE: Startup Repair might prompt you to make choices as it tries to fix the problem, and if necessary, it might restart your computer as it makes repairs. If repairs are not successful, you'll see a summary of the problem and links to contact information for support. Your computer manufacturer might include additional assistance information.

1011d1227511625-startup-repair-startup_r

4. If problems cannot be found, then click on Next. (See screenshot below)
NOTE: You can click on the View diagnostic and repair details link to see a detailed summary of what Startup Repair has done.

1012d1227511636-startup-repair-startup_r

A) Click on the Restart button to return to the Windows 7 log on screen. (See screenshot below step 2)

Also do you have a win7 dvd?

Edited by acerts04, 09 March 2014 - 11:26 PM.

"In real life, the hardest aspect of the battle between good and evil is determining which is which."

#3 jsmg

jsmg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:34 AM

Hello,  thanks for your assistance.  I am able to get into system recovery and ran the startup repair.  start up repair does not find a problem..  I have the 4 recovery discs I made when I originally purchased computer.  I do not have a disc labeled windows 7. 

#4 acerts04

acerts04

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:31 PM

Ok if you will please boot back into your system recovery and choose 'system restore' and restore your pc back to an earlier date that this wasn't happening.

There are other options to try with this situation as i believe there is a modified registry setting in your system. Were you infected with any malware recently?

"In real life, the hardest aspect of the battle between good and evil is determining which is which."

#5 jsmg

jsmg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:04 PM

I ran system restore two times, at two different restore points. 

the first time I got the message:  system restore did not compete successfully.  files and settings were not changed.

details:  an unspecified error occurred during system restore 0x80000fff

the second time I got the message:  system restore did not complete successfully.  files and settings were not changed.

details:  an unspecified error occurred during system restore 0x80070002

#6 acerts04

acerts04

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

ok please boot back into system recovery options and then follow this guide carefully to run system file checker. hopefully we can repair the missing or corrupted file to boot into windows. Also, out of the 4 recovery discs you created one of them should be a windows 7 disk, we will need to use that for some repair options if nothing else works. also please let me know if you were infected with any kind of malware before this all happened.

4) Then click Next for this System Recovery Options dialog box.

5) At this System Recovery Options dialog box, make sure there is a dot at "Use Recovery Tools" and be sure to make note of the Location drive letter. (If you dont see that step, input C:)The correct drive letter must be entered in the following steps; then click Next.Prompt.
133829d1295795010-sfc-scannow-run-comman
.133830d1295795562-sfc-scannow-run-comman

7) In the command window that opens type this command below and hit the <enter> key, be sure to use your drive letter, where mine is F: for this demonstration yours probably will not be the same

sfc /scannow /offbootdir=f:\ /offwindir=f:\windows

8)133835d1295797078-sfc-scannow-run-comman
You will get a blinking curser while it checks and attempts to repair any issues it may find, it could take quite a bit of time to complete.9)134670d1296125161-sfc-scannow-run-comman
To close the command window after the scan type exit and hit the <enter> key.

133837d1295797078-sfc-scannow-run-comman

Though my demonstration / test found no errors to repair, yours may and if it does it may take you running this command a couple separate times to completely repair any issues it finds so don't give up after just one attempt.

Edited by acerts04, 10 March 2014 - 06:15 PM.

#7 jsmg

jsmg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:14 PM

Awesome, thank you, I ran what you suggested once and now my computer works. 

"windows resource protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.  Details are included in the cbs.log windir\logs\cbs\cbs\.log.

for example c:\windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log "

#8 acerts04

acerts04

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:49 PM

thats great!! :thumbsup: :bananas: you are welcome and i am glad i could help! 

thank you for letting me know everything worked out!

best of luck my friend

Edited by acerts04, 11 March 2014 - 07:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users