Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Start Savin BHO - How do I remove it?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gwilki0000

gwilki0000

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:42 PM

A few days ago I was infected with Start Savin. I don't know how. I uninstalled it from the Control Panel - Programs menu, but under Tools - Manage Add-ons it's still there. I can't disable it. Can somebody tell me how to get rid of it? I am running Windowsarrow-10x10.png 8, IE 10. So far I haven't found a malware / spyware toll that can even detect it. Thank you. Gary

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:08 PM

Hello -

How many browser(s) are you using, as this is usually just an Add-on / Extension.

Check Installed programs first, then check Add-ons / Extensions.

If you still have problems start with avast! cleanup tool to remove their toolbar.

Download to desktop and right click on the Round orange Icon (select Run as Administrator)

You should get a list of unwanted BHOs and similar toolbars.

Edited by noknojon, 09 March 2014 - 08:35 PM.

#3 gwilki0000

gwilki0000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

The avast cleanup tool did the trick!  Thank you!  Nothing else I tried even found the Start Savin BHO, but after following your advice I was able to disable this add-on.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:03 PM

You are Welcome.

We always try to do our best. Keep the orange circle on your desktop, and run it weekly.

Please start a new topic if you have more problems  :hello:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users