Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do i remove this message from my desktop and screensaver?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Benderisgreat

Benderisgreat

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

I bought a computer from my friend, he re-installed the operating system with 7 ultimate.

After a while, i realized that it wasn't genuine, and i kept receiving these pop-up windows and a big sticker on my desktop and screensaver.

I really want to get rid of these things:

Attached File  Picture.JPG   13.86KB   0 downloads

Attached File  'nother.JPG   56KB   0 downloads

the upside is they go away after i restart my system, but they keep coming back. I don't have the money to buy a new copy of windows, and even if i did i don't know where to get one anymore. How do i get rid of these things so i can go back to having a regular computer?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,580 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:54 PM

I bought a computer from my friend, he re-installed the operating system with 7 ultimate.
After a while, i realized that it wasn't genuine

Get a genuine copy easy.  I doubt anybody will want to help you "fix" a non genuine( Pirate) copy of windows.

try this exit windows and  in cmd type format c: /u fixes all pirate copy problems. Mod Edit: Do not do this, it will erase all data from your computer

the upside is

There is no upside to theft. And thats what your friend did to you and Microsoft, He stole from both of you.. And by knowingly using the copy you are guilty too... Just my opinion.

Edited by Blade, 09 March 2014 - 08:57 PM.

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:56 PM

Hello, and welcome to Bleeping Computer,

Ask your friend for your money back or have him pay for a genuine copy of Windows 7. The only way to resolve the issue is to buy a genuine copy of Windows 7.

Edit: Before you format your drive which will wipe out Windows 7, make sure you copy over all important data. Formatting will destroy it, especially using the /u switch.

Edited by JohnC_21, 09 March 2014 - 06:59 PM.

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,493 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

try this exit windows and  in cmd type format c: /u fixes all pirate copy problems.

Please DO NOT do this, this will wipe all of the data on the laptop.

Now with your data safe, if the computer came with windows 7, check to see if there is a product key sticker on the underside that you can possibly use to re validate windows.

Also please see here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/installing-reinstalling-windows#1TC=windows-7

Edited by computerxpds, 09 March 2014 - 07:07 PM.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#5 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,580 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:09 PM

BIG Sorry the format thing was meant as a joke.

Same as the rm f thing in likux it fixes all linux problems meant no offence

Edited by NickAu1, 09 March 2014 - 07:11 PM.

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,325 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:13 PM

computerxpds has the right idea for getting a legit Windows OS without spending any money.

If you don't need any specific Windows only programs for work, etc. Then you can get one of many free Linux operating systems.

If that interests you as a solution then post in the Linux forum if you need more advice or suggestions for using Linux.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,456 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:24 PM

The OP stated that she had Windows Ultimate installed. Is that common on a OEM computer with a COA sticker? Just wondering.

#8 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,493 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:28 PM

Generally no, but there are ways we can still try and help the user fix her problem and do it in a legal way.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#9 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:10 PM

BIG Sorry the format thing was meant as a joke.

It's not funny. Bleeping Computer is a place where many of the people asking for help are novice users who won't realize you're making a joke, and might actually carry our your instructions blindly.

Primum non nocere.

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#10 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,580 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:31 AM

Primum non nocere.

Yes my bad wont happen again. I didn't think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users