Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

network continues to switch on/off on an intermittent basis DNS issue

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

#1 taino

taino

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:03 PM

Hi,

I hope someone can help me to understand and resolve this issue.

I am experiencing some issues with my wireless for the past week I still haven’t found a solution for the problem, at first I thought that could have catch some type of adware because I got some window pop up on my browser and since then I have been having issues with my wireless on my laptop. I have run a test to see if I have adware, malware or any viruses but the end results are clean.

So far the issue I have with the wireless is a headache, the connection seem to be stable for a certain period of time and then drops, when it drops the reload wheel keep spinning and spinning and after a few seconds I get the yellow question mark in my wireless bar, then the connection timed out for some time (20 to 30 seconds) and gets back, the network continues to switch on/off on an intermittent basis.

When I ran the diagnostic “wireless network connection status” in windows 7 I get the following error

Problems found

“Your Computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding”

Other times I get another error which it isn’t related to the DNS server issue, but instead is telling me “The connection between your access point, router, or cable modem and the Internet is broken” the estrange thing is that how can the troubleshooting is tells me one thing  and in the other end the internet hasn’t drop still working fine.   

I have run the cmd ipconfig/all and the rest and this didn’t do anything, therefore I am out of tricks to get this thing working.

Help would be appreciated

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

“The connection between your access point, router, or cable modem and the Internet is broken”

If this is true you will have no internet I mean hardware problem.Which programs you have run to see if you have malware?Download Minitoolbox - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/

Set ticks everywhere and click GO button.After scan is done a log will appear.Save and attach it here.

#3 taino

taino
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:32 PM

Hi Alex & Vanko.

Yeap, Right on the spot as you say I would not have internet whatsoever. The programs  I have been run are as follows:

Malwarebytes
    Tdsskiller
    Roguerkillerx64
    Junkware removal tool
    Adwarecleaner
    Combofix
    Gmer

Edited by taino, 09 March 2014 - 03:54 PM.

#4 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:39 PM

Yes you can delete now log if you want,editing your post.I saved it in notepad.

#5 taino

taino
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:55 PM

Thanks

#6 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:57 PM

Did you uninstall Combofix correct way?

#7 taino

taino
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

yeap, I did >> run >> combofix /uninstall

#8 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:06 PM

We also don`t need Tdsskiller,Roguerkillerx64 and Gmer.Where have you downloaded drivers for the Notebook from?And do you have anything else from McAfee company except Antivirus?

#9 taino

taino
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

hi,

I have downloaded the drivers from the Dell wedsite, I have McAfee antivirus only, I don't have anything else from them and malwarebytes. 

#10 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:33 PM

Ok.I don`t know this,but it is for blocking incoming and outgoing like TCP filter.

PeerBlock 1.2 (r693) (Version: 1.2.0.693)

Also I think you don`t need this:

Free Internet Window Washer

What is the situation in Firewall section of McAfee,because it is Security Suite?

#11 taino

taino
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:06 PM

Peerblock , Yes you are right it, is a program for blocking incoming and outgoing TCP’s. I usually don’t use the program that much, but doesn’t affect anything else due that the program is off. My McAfee firewall  I have set up as follows: (NOTE: I have these settings before the whole issue with my wireless and never have any problems with the settings and the network or the wireless) 

Edited by taino, 09 March 2014 - 05:19 PM.

#12 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:12 PM

Ok.Edit.

#13 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

The same situation:

Update Adobe Air - https://get.adobe.com/air/

Install Net Framework 4 - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

After that 4.5 - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653

After that 4.5.1 - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40773

Install Silverlight - http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/

Windows Firewall is turned off.What is exact model of your Notebook?There is problem with Intel Wireless adapter.

#14 taino

taino
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:31 PM

Thanks,

My McAfee software have turn off my windows Firewall, for the same reason that McAfee is taking over that section which is ok, 

My computer is a Dell xps 17 (l702x).

I have the link for the pop up window that is causing my wireless to drop, I don't see any adware install on my browser or my computer and went a run hitman software, didn't find anything either.

#15 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:47 PM

Yes post the pop up window.Also what is the situation here,that is on my language:

Ashampoo_Snap_2014.03.10_00h45m15s_001_.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users