Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

specific browser audio output question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fdsaevad

fdsaevad

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:21 PM

... i just erased my question when i realized it can be resolved if there's a media player out there that can play silverlight and change the audio output (like vlc, but vlc doesn't support silverlight).  

anybody?

(edit:... my kid watches either youtube or netflix through monitors (speakers), i'd like to run everything else through my headphones, using the routing mixer program totalmix that comes with my rme babyface.   what would be really handy would be a browser that allows you to change the audio output of the different tabs, let alone the browser itself, which NONE do, after extensive research.  how hard is it.   ... or if flash or silverlight allowed different audio outputs.   it seems such a basic simple function that every other program ever created has built into it, except for browsers, which is probably the most used type of program in the world.)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:33 PM

That would take a ot of extra programming within the audio function of the browser and the plugin such as Silverlight and Flash. It is not feasible.

#3 fdsaevad

fdsaevad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:40 PM

... the demand isn't there for the programming to be done, i realize and appreciate that, and i acknowledge it's a specific situation i need resolved.  

if there's a media player that allows for different audio outputs, that also supports silverlight, so i can plug in the netflix url, my issue is resolved, so i guess that's my question now, thanks!

#4 fdsaevad

fdsaevad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:57 PM

.... can you even view silverlight outside a browser?

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:50 PM

No you cannot use silverlight outside the browser as it is a media plugin for enriched media sites like Netflix. There is no demand for it, because you would need the browser to keep track of which input is muted and the plugins would need to keep track of that as well so when you switch tabs it would need to remember your output selections. This would take a lot of coding and would cause the browser to be extremely slow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users