Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Asus Xonar DG can't record with microphone

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 gonefishin

gonefishin

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:24 PM

Computer is custom built desktop, windows 7 

Put in ASUS Xonar DG soundcard last night, audio works fine, but can't get microphone to record using my head set, also my webcam lets me select audio when I select xonar dg it says no audio. I'll upload image

Basically can't get the mic to work at all, there is nothing there when I try to record with it be the webcam or headset mic.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:12 PM

So your webcam may have in-build microphone.In driver or software from ASUS there must be Audio Control panel.Also see Sound section in Windows Control panel.

Ashampoo_Snap_2014.03.09_01h11m33s_001_.

#3 gonefishin

gonefishin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:34 PM

[[[[So your webcam may have in-build microphone.In driver or software from ASUS there must be Audio Control panel.Also see Sound section in Windows Control panel.]]]]]]

Yes webcam has built in microphone, but asus audio won't work on it, no sound coming from asus on any microphone recording, no sound on recording with headset microphone either, Yes asus has control panel went through it and still no sound on microphone, also went through sound section in windows control panel, still no sound in microphone recording, microphone is set to default for asus like you have yours set to default in pictue for creative above, still no sound for microphone.

Edited by gonefishin, 08 March 2014 - 08:41 PM.

#4 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:59 PM

So where is put the microphone.In ASUS card or in onboard audio card?

#5 gonefishin

gonefishin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:25 PM

So where is put the microphone.In ASUS card or in onboard audio card?

Asus

#6 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:27 PM

Where infront or behind case of computer.

Edited by Alex&Vanko, 08 March 2014 - 09:27 PM.

#7 gonefishin

gonefishin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:57 PM

Where infront or behind case of computer.

In the port holes of the soundcard which is in the back of the case of computer. There is no plugging up in front because the front panel audio plugs don't have the correct plugs for the motherboard It's built into the case. I would have to get a new case, so I can't use the front audio for microphone or headset.

Edited by gonefishin, 09 March 2014 - 12:04 AM.

#8 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:07 AM

This ASUS Sonars doesn`t have color separation of inputs.Ops they have.So can you make records with build in microphone in webcam.

Edited by Alex&Vanko, 09 March 2014 - 12:10 AM.

#9 gonefishin

gonefishin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:27 AM

This ASUS Sonars doesn`t have color separation of inputs.Ops they have.So can you make records with build in microphone in webcam.

Yes webcam records its own audio, or I can set to record with with Asus, but when using Asus Xonar DG as the picture says up above Audio has not been detected , I bought the Asus sound card so I could record audio with Camtasia screen recorder, also tried recording voice with Window 7 sound recorder still no sound.

#10 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:31 AM

If you are able to record with build in microphone in webcam,it is connected by USB to motherboard where onboard audio is placed.

#11 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:43 AM

After I bought my Creative just have uninstalled driver of onboard Realtek sound card and uninstalled Realtek from Device manager as device.

Edited by Alex&Vanko, 09 March 2014 - 12:44 AM.

#12 gonefishin

gonefishin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:48 AM

If you are able to record with build in microphone in webcam,it is connected by USB to motherboard where onboard audio is placed.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee33/mastermajinvegeta/webcampictures_zps9ab91a64.jpg

Webcam has its own built in microphone and sound, choices for webcam include 1. HD Webcam C615  2. Asus Xonar DG Audio  3. High Definition Audio (Realtek) 

link in post

Edited by gonefishin, 09 March 2014 - 12:49 AM.

#13 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:54 AM

Ok I agree but it is not good two sound cards to work together.It is the same as to work external videocard and onboard video.

#14 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:59 AM

Why did you buy ASUS Xonar actually when you want to keep onboard audio.I don`t like Realtek,therefore bought Creative.

#15 gonefishin

gonefishin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:04 AM

Why did you buy ASUS Xonar actually when you want to keep onboard audio.I don`t like Realtek,therefore bought Creative.

Don't wanna keep realtek onboard audio, bought the card so I can record with the microphone, I didn't turn the realtek off because the guy who built my PC told me no point in doing it. I can go into bios right now and turn it off but its still not going to make the mic record.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users