laptop was working wonderfully with no problems and then suddenly quit. So evey time i try to turn it on, the power button lights up and fan kicks on for a second and then shuts itself off. So I am going to list the things i have tried to do to fix it.
1. I did a hard reset
2. took cmos battery out and checked voltage
3. tried to boot up by taking memory out one at a time.
4. disconnected fan and tried to start it.
5. Replaced motherboard with a new one i bought off of ebay
6. Had same problem with new motherboard so tried to start by disconnecting different ribbon cables and starting and same thing continues, light turns on fan turns on, laptop turns off.
i must admit i am computer illiterate but i have a good understanding of electricity and am very mechanical. I am hoping one of you pc wizards can tell me how big of a idiot i am for not doing something i should have to fix this thing.Any help would be greatly appreciated!
copy and pasted about laptop.
It has an Intel Core i3 processor, but it is not from the latest Sandy Bridge family. The CPU is an older “Arrandale” Core i3-370M, clocked at 2.4GHz. Its performance in benchmarks is usually rated between the “Sandy Bridge”-based Pentium B-series and Core i3 chips. The notebook comes with Intel HD integrated GPU only, 4GB of RAM and a 320GB hard drive and has all the features of a standard laptop: built-in DVD burner, 1366 x 768 screen resolution, a 1.3MP web camera, Wi-Fi, three USB ports, HDMI output, a six-cell battery for “up to 4 hours” of operation on a single charge.
Other features of the Gateway NV55C56U include a 2-in-1 media card reader, Gigabit LAN, and Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OS.