Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network Card Periodicall Stops Working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 carnivalofsorts

carnivalofsorts

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:50 PM

Hi Guys, 

Lately, i've been having some difficulties with my laptop ( Acer Aspire 5742 )

Periodically, I lose my wi-fi connection as if the network card has stopped working. On the system tray, the icon showing network connection is grayed out and has a little red X over it, however it says " Not Connected - Connections Available " but then when i click on it to display the available connections - it shows none of the wi fi connections usually available in the area and i'm left with no choice but to reboot the laptop. 

The issue occurs mostly when I lift the laptop from the desk to move it somewhere else giving me the idea that there might be something physically loose inside that i'm disturbing ? Is the network card physically a part of the main board  or is it removeable ? I'm not entirely sure this is the right line of thinking though seeing as how it seems to be fine after a reboot !

Any ideas what might be causing this issue ?

Many thanks for your help.

If there really was a god, then why is my ass the perfect height for kicking ???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:19 PM

It does sound like it. http://www.insidemylaptop.com/how-to-disassemble-acer-aspire-5742-series-laptop/  this shows you how to see =) 3rd pic down matter of fact.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users