Hello all, and thank you for taking the time to read this!
My issue seems to be with my sound card... It was working fine when a few days ago my sound was suddenly no longer working. Spotify will not play any music and gives me the error message that "There seems to be a problem with your sound card. Spotify cannot play any music." Windows media suddenly says I have no access to my videos to check for sound there, and youtube videos and the like will also not produce audio.
I have checked my drivers like many people have recommended, and it says that my driver is fine. I'm not sure of the make and model...
I've attached some photos of the errors in case that would help. I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 that a friend updated to Windows 8 Pro back in early 2013. I'm unsure of what to do, but I am very much desperate!
Things I've Tried
- Uninstalling the driver in Device manager, then "scan for hardware changes"
- (It was after trying this that the little red 'x' appeared next to the sound icon in my notifications bar)
- System Restore; that DID NOT WORK. For some reason, I can only run this from Safe Mode.......
- system restore.png 12.63KB 0 downloads fuh.png 18.86KB 0 downloads
- Reinstalling Windows 8. My system will NOT allow this either for some reason. It says there was a problem and that nothing was changed.
- I have checked the sound settings, and the speakers are my default.
- Ran the troubleshooter for audio... it says that "change in hardware might not have been detected detected"
- hardwarechanged.png 14.22KB 0 downloads
I really am at a loss... It happened right after a restart that I did following a malwarebytes full scan that cam up with a large number of "PUP"s as they're called. To remove them, I had to restart. When I restarted the sound no longer worked. I am unsure of whether or not this has anything to do with it, as I've run the scan before and nothing happened...
I would very much appreciate any help that you can offer, on any of these problems! I really am desperate... Thank you so much for your time, I hope to her from you all soon!