Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PS/2 Keyboard not working on XP machine

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Twinbird

Twinbird

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:37 AM

PS/2 keyboard is not working (not even able to use the "Del" key or "F8" to enter BIOS or Safe Mode). PS/2 mouse works fine, USB keyboard and USB mouse also work fine. The PS/2 keyboard was working fine, and then the next time I booted up the PC it stopped working (I don't recall doing anything in particular that could have caused this).

Specs: Windows XP Home Ed. SP3, AMD Sempron 3200+ processor, 1.5 GB RAM, 150 GB HDD.

Edit: so I found the simple solution to my problem: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/337704-ps2-keyboard-not-working-on-xp-machine/page__gopid__2381163#entry2381163

I can't believe I overlooked such a simple troubleshooting step D: 

Edited by Twinbird, 08 March 2014 - 12:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 SpywareDoctor

SpywareDoctor

• Members
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:02 PM

You're welcome. :)

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,977 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:31 PM

Any time an external device appears to stop working - a mouse, keyboard, monitor, hard drive or whatever - to eliminate a 'computer' problem either plug the device into a different computer, or plug a different device into the computer on which the problem showed up.

Whenever you have this sort of problem, try substitution. It will save you hours of worry and sweating over fault finding on a perfectly innocent and perfectly working computer !  But thanks for sharing the solution.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users