Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Batteries

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 biferi

biferi

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:37 PM

I am looking for Rechargable D Batteries.

And the ones I see are just 1.2 V but a none Rechargable Battery is 1.5 V and all Batteries from  AAA   AA   C   D are the same Voltage.

But when I look to Buy Rechargable Batteries they are 1.2 Volt why?

I will be doing some projects and just puting them in my Radio and things like this thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,959 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:48 PM

The chemical system used in most rechargeable cells gives a nominal 1.2V, in contrast to the chemical reaction in carbon-zinc or alkaline batteries which produces nominal 1.5V. The nominal voltage is under load, freshly charged and under light load, the voltage will be higher than 1.2

If you have an application that will not handle the lower voltage supplied by rechargeable cells like NiCad or NiMH, rechargeable alkalines do offer a higher nominal voltage, but it will drop with heavy use. If they are always used to no less than 50% then recharged, they can maintain 1.3V to 1.4V, but will give less duty cycles than other rechargeables.

Edited by Platypus, 07 March 2014 - 10:49 PM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users