Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Freezes - Explore Freezes - Internet White Screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DennisM85

DennisM85

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

When I try to go into windows Explore to copy or delete files Explore freezes but it does not crash and speed is incredibly slow. Many times Freezes but I can X out. Internet Explorer works but mainly Black and White background as ALL areas in the sites I visit I cannot see the color coded prompts. This just happened. I was using Microsoft Essentials but that even froze. Now I have Kapersky trial but that did not find any viruses or malware after scanning. Any suggestions please? Thanks - DennisM

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acerts04

acerts04

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:13 PM

Does everything you do on the computer freeze/move slow?
Please publish a snap shot of your system using speccy following this tutorial

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

"In real life, the hardest aspect of the battle between good and evil is determining which is which."

#3 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:16 PM

It could be not a virus,just conflict between software in your Windows.Download Minitoolbox - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/

Start the application.Set ticks everywhere.Click GO button.After scan is done a log will appear.save it and attch it here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users