Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to reinstall Windows Live Main.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 airaced57

airaced57

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:09 AM

My OS is Win 7 Home edition.

Window Live Mail (WLM) problems caused me to attempt the repair option for Windows Essentials (WE) in Control Panel. That was unsuccessful as were subsequent uninstalls and reinstalls of WE. Finally I uninstalled WE using the Revo Uninstaller program. 

The reinstall is now the problem as I now get the message there is already a more recent version of the program on the pc that I must uninstall before installing the one I downloaded. Nowhere in my pc can I find the WLM I am suppose to have.

I did locate an old shortcut icon but when I click on that, I get the error message the WLDCore.dll is missing and WLM cannot function without it.

I have checked a couple of items on the internet  promoting purchase of their program to reinstall WLDCore.dll but I do not know if they are trustworthy or can actually do what they claim.

Any help or advice you can give me  to get my email service through WLM up and running again would be gratefully appreciated. TYIA.

Edited by hamluis, 08 March 2014 - 01:43 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,294 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:20 AM

Try the following fixit.

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

Edited by JohnC_21, 07 March 2014 - 09:21 AM.

#3 airaced57

airaced57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:08 PM

Thank you for your reply. I ran the Fixit utility but it resulted in the following: Troubleshooting could not continue because and eror has occurred. It diected me to download another utility (Services diagnostic) to troubleshoot that problem. This second utility could not identify the problem and when I opted for "Explore additional options" I was referred back to search help, other windows communities, etc.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,294 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:11 PM

Before you do the following, create a restore point and also a Windows 7 system repair disk and make sure it boots. Doing a System image backup to an external drive would also be a good thing to do. If you somehow corrupt the system, you can use the system repair disk to recover the system.

Note: There is a risk using the Microsoft Cleanup Utility. Microsoft pulled it because people were breaking office installs

Download the Microsoft Installer cleanup utility. Run the program as administrator. Look through the installed programs list for Windows Live Essentials. If it is not there close out the program. If you see it, highlight it and only it being careful no other programs are selected. Click the remove button and the reboot. Try the install.

#5 airaced57

airaced57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:20 AM

Thank you JohnC,

I seems I am in more trouble that I thought. Cannot get into System restore: Error 0x81000203, Have just been called to family emergency so will leave my pc with a local technician for the  three 3-4 days I will be absent. Your asssistance much appreciated. 

Regards, mchaggis4708.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users