Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows cannot find error in most uninstallers and programs

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 5ora

5ora

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:41 AM

Hi , since i can't remember when or how

my computer started giving me errors when trying to open a program or uninstall a program

the error appeared message is 

Windows cannot find 'path of program'. Make sure you typed the name correclty, and then try again.

this error appears when i try to open programs such as TeamViewer , CCleaner ( only when i try to open ccleaner64.exe,unist.exe ) and apparently all other uninstallers

http://i.imgur.com/BCnb2VT.png

my system is Windows 7 64 bit 

Edited by 5ora, 07 March 2014 - 05:43 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

Hello 5ora and Welcome -

Please try to run these quick scans for me -

Download them to desktop (not save as file) and please Copy and Paste all logs.

First -

Download Screen317 Security Check and save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt
* Please post the contents of that document.
Note:: If any security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.

Next -

Please download MiniToolBox and run it.
Checkmark following boxes:
* List last 10 Event Viewer log
* List Installed Programs

* List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Click Go and Copy / Paste the result. (result.txt)

Next -

If you have this installed, just Update and run a Full Scan - If not

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free :(aka MBAM): to your desktop.
Note - Do not accept the Free Pro Trial Version at this time -
* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* NOTE - Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.

Be sure to restart the computer if requested.
The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

#3 5ora

5ora
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:11 AM

thanks for replying 
here's my screen317 security check results :

Spoiler

and minitoolbox results :
Spoiler

MalwareBytes results :
Spoiler

Edited by 5ora, 08 March 2014 - 02:21 AM.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:32 PM

Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.

This will (I hope) help to reset .exe / .com and other file extensions

There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.
You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.

rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/
iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/

* Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
* A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
* If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
* Do not reboot until you run ESET Online scan
* If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.

If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.
When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.
Post it in your next reply.

NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.

I'd like you to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
1.Hold down Control and click HERE to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
2.Click the ESET Online Scanner button.

3.NOTE :.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)

3 - 1.Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
3 - 2.Double click on the ESET Online Scanner icon on your desktop. 

4.Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
 5.Click the Start button.
 6.Accept any security warnings from your browser.
 7.Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
8.Click Advanced settings and select the following:

Scan potentially unwanted applications
Scan for potentially unsafe applications
Enable Anti-Stealth technology

9.ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this will take some time to download the program for a first time, and then download updated data base (3 hours is not unusual)
10.When the scan completes, click List Threats
11.Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan.
- Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
12.Click the Back button.
13.Click the Finish button[/list]

NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.
* NOTE :If you lose the log it can be found at C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
* If no infections are found then just tell me -

A Temp File Cleaner that may help -

Please download Temp File Cleaner by Old Timer
* Close ALL running applications as TFC will terminate them before attempting to clean up the temporary files.
* Double-click on the TFC icon.
* Vista / Windows 7 & 8 users Right click on the icon and select Run as Administrator
* When the program opens, click on the Start button. 
* TFC will terminate the Explorer process and all running applications and then begin the process of cleaning out all of your temp folders.
* When done, press OK and reboot your computer to finish the cleanup.

#5 5ora

5ora
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:23 PM

Rkill results :
Spoiler

Eset Online Scanner results :

Spoiler

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:46 PM

The below items (and several variations) are the main problems removed, but no major problems show up.

C:\Users\XXXX\Downloads\PSeMu3\PSeMu3.exe a variant of MSIL/Hoax.Agent.NAE application

C:\Users\XXXX\Downloads\Compressed\msnmonitor.zip a variant of Win32/AIMMonitorSniffer

C:\Users\XXXX\Downloads\Programs\Time_Stopper_Setup.exe a variant of Win32/AdWare.iBryte.Q

C:\Users\XXXX\Downloads\Compressed\ccount12.zip PHP/Obfuscated.F

Do you still have all of the same problems, or is it any better yet ??

#7 5ora

5ora
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:29 AM

Yes, problem still occurs

#8 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:08 PM

Sorry, but there is very little showing in your given logs

• If you need more assistance, please fully read and follow follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide starting at Step #6.
  • Create the 2 DDS logs requested and then continue to the Experts area for better detailed help.

• When you have done that, start a new topic and post the required logs to =>>
  • Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team Experts.
  • If you are unable to complete any step, just post the topic and leave a full description of your problems

• Please Use Copy / Paste for your responses, and Do Not Attach them unless your helper requests this.

• If Help Bot responds to your topic, please follw his Step #1 so the team will be notified.

• After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can close this one.

#9 5ora

5ora
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:55 AM

Sorry for not doing what's above
anyways after long time i found the cause of this problem it was tune up utilities 2014 program

it was modifying the following key and such keys for every program
it inserted Debugger value in the subkeys of following programs * marked in red *
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\facebookmessenger.exe]
"Debugger"="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\TuneUp Utilities 2014\\TUAutoReactivator64.exe\""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\frontpg.exe]
"Debugger"="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\TuneUp Utilities 2014\\TUAutoReactivator64.exe\""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msoxmled.exe]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\mstore.exe]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ois.exe]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\osa.exe]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\pcdrcui.exe]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\proflwiz.exe]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\runtroubleshooter.exe]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\selfcert.exe]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\setlang.exe]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\teamviewer.exe]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\unins000.exe]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\uninst.exe]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\dw20.exe]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\calibrationtool.exe]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ccleaner64.exe]

i found the solution of that guy in here thanks to him

Edited by 5ora, 21 May 2014 - 11:00 AM.

#10 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:57 PM

A great and very helpful reply. Thank you for sharing your result -

At Bleeping Computer we always ask people to remove these programs, but I am sorry I missed that one.

Why you should not use Registry Cleaners and Optimization Tools

Registry cleaners are extremely powerful applications that can damage the registry by using aggressive cleaning routines and cause your computer to become unbootable.

You have shown many others how serious these problems can be if left on your system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users