Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

video performer?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 angrypoultry

angrypoultry

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:53 PM

Hi, I came home tonight and the kids said the Computer was acting weird. I noticed three icons I had never seen before, one was video performer, one as pc performer or something and one other...im having to use my phone to type this because when I tried to remove them from the control panel my pc went crazy blinking and flashing. I shut it down and tried multiple times to boot up in safe mode, but the same thing happened there. When I tried to open in safe mode with command prompt its as if the return key is being held down and I cant access anything there. I restarted again and this time random programs started opening and I couldnt make it stop so I shut it down and started searching for answers, thus I am here right now. HELP ME PLEASE!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 seedy21

seedy21

• Malware Response Team
  • 742 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:20 AM

Hi angrypoultry and welcome to Bleeping Computer !

Before we start troubleshooting your computer please can you confirm what Operating System you are using and What Bit version it runs at.

“It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.”
― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

unite_blue.png

#3 seedy21

seedy21

• Malware Response Team
  • 742 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:21 AM

This is a 48 hour status check. We need to continue our troubleshooting to make sure there are no more threats on your machine. If you don't have any free time please reply back to this thread and we will keep it open.

If you don't reply back within 24 hours, this thread may be closed for inactivity.

unite_blue.png

#4 angrypoultry

angrypoultry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:08 PM

Seedy21, I am sorry I meant to get back and and reply that I was able to FINALLY get my PC to boot up without it being taken over.  I followed the steps from another forum post and was able to successfully clean my PC.  I was successful in removing Video Performer, but PC Performer reared its ugly head. I was able to install and use AdwCleaner, Junkware Removal, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and finally HitmanPro to clean up my system.  It has been running smoothly ever since.  Thank you all!

#5 seedy21

seedy21

• Malware Response Team
  • 742 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:09 PM

Hi angrypoultry

Thank you for getting back to me. As your issue sounds to be resolved, I will get a Moderator to lock this topic.

unite_blue.png

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,596 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:23 PM

As the issue appears to be resolved, this Topic is closed. Should you need it reopened, please contact a Forum Moderator or member of the Malware Response Team. Include the address of this thread in your request. If you have a new issue, please start a New Topic. This applies only to the original poster. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users