Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System hijacked by entity using their Microsoft account

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kimbalee23

kimbalee23

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:47 PM

My employer has a huge account with Microsoft and has added my computer to their list that Microsoft has. They use their account to have old updates and other software loaded to my computer. Two computers were completely trashed. I bought a new computer with Windows 8 and before I even went online there were 39 Microsoft updates installed. I can't stop them or uninstall them. I've wiped my entire system several times in the month that I've had it; nothing helps. I've run every anti virus, malware, spyware, rootkit, etc. that I can find. I have my firewall set to block all incoming traffic, have all remote connections disabled and Microsoft downloads/updates disabled. Doesn't matter. I'm currently using AVG Internet Security 2014 but have tried several anti virus programs; doesn't matter.

I know it sounds crazy but I do have documentation proving all of this and have reported it to Microsoft (about 100 times) and every law enforcement agency that handles such complaints and will be filing a lawsuit. I'm a telecommuter so also have one of my employer's computers at my home making it even easier for my employer. This has been going on since September and is driving me insane. I have no clue what their motive is other than retaliation (long story) but this is getting into a seriously scary crazy zone. The documents I found are incredibly detailed; have  precise instructions on what equipment/software is needed, what registry keys should be installed, etc

They keep changing my Windows 8 64 bit system to Windows XP, they delete my passwords, change programs, hide new items in old folders so scans don't detect them, until I'm unable to even log in. And to top it all off I lost more than 2,000 that I had in ITunes.

Any suggestions at all would be very much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:12 PM

My employer has a huge account with Microsoft and has added my computer to their list that Microsoft has. They use their account to have old updates and other software loaded to my computer. Two computers were completely trashed. I bought a new computer with Windows 8 and before I even went online there were 39 Microsoft updates installed. I can't stop them or uninstall them. I've wiped my entire system several times in the month that I've had it; nothing helps. I've run every anti virus, malware, spyware, rootkit, etc. that I can find. I have my firewall set to block all incoming traffic, have all remote connections disabled and Microsoft downloads/updates disabled. Doesn't matter. I'm currently using AVG Internet Security 2014 but have tried several anti virus programs; doesn't matter.

I know it sounds crazy but I do have documentation proving all of this and have reported it to Microsoft (about 100 times) and every law enforcement agency that handles such complaints and will be filing a lawsuit. I'm a telecommuter so also have one of my employer's computers at my home making it even easier for my employer. 

Hello kimbalee and Welcome -

I am just throwing a few questions out to try and get some idea of the situation. You have handled it for 6 months, while I have had a 10 minute read.

At least 3 items from your post are very hard for us to help you with -

First, If you are filing a law suit, we are not generally able to help while this is under way !

Second, Many computers are updated by the retailer (or Microsoft) prior to public release as part of their service.

Third, Once you are in your company envirionment, you have logged to their ongoing updates and general procedures (if you have logged into them).

Basic programs like sfc /scannow should be run first to check file intregrety.

Many Advanced Schools as well as Private Corporation linked computers get remotely installed with the Operating System, or operating data of the main user, so that required software will operate to suit the original base system. I have a University Lecturer client who is automatically fed downloads to suit the University method of operation.

I still have one of their computers that I can not alter back to run like a "Standard Computer" and it will not accept new hardware without major changes.

Were the instances of "Wiped My Computer" followed by a fresh install with new Genuine Microsoft Disks, or did you just try to "Clone" the original system that you had installed when you purchased it. This will not work.

Is this currently running Windows 8.1 or just basic Windows 8

What methods did you use to Wipe your computer, and Reinstall it ??

Edited for Spellcheck -

Edited by noknojon, 06 March 2014 - 11:13 PM.

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:33 PM

Hello -

You seem to have figured something out, so I will take this off my Watch List.

Please post back if there are later problems that you think we can help you with -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users