Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Coverting" a Hdd from Intel to Amd

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Godless

Godless

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:46 PM

Hello Bleepingcomputers,

sorry for disturbing you again with my bad english.

This is my situation:

The motherboard NALAE LA-6053p of a laptop (Toshiba Satellite L675) doesn't display. I've tried to reflow the video chip but it's completely gone. Naturally i've tried if the problem was in the monitor or something else but the other hardware worked in other situations.

This is the real problem: I want to use all the data and the programs in a not so new but useful Hp dv9530. The Hdd come from an Intel hardware with 7 64bit and the (not so) new Hp has an Amd based hardware (Pavilion dv9530.eg 17" Turion 64 X2 2x 1,6hz 2 GB DDR2 RAM Nvidia Geforce 8400M Realtek wireless) with Vista 32bit.

Naturally when i insert the HDD in to the Hp, appears a STOP:0x0000007b bsod in safe mode too.

Could you please tell me what kind of drivers and what kind of Reg Key i've have to change?

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Best regards.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:06 AM

Are you trying to take a hard drive out of a toshiba laptop and put it into an HP laptop?

#3 Godless

Godless
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:42 AM

Yes, that's all i want.

#4 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,737 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:36 AM

I don't think you can do that with Windows take a hard drive from 1 pc and make it boot on another. Well.Maybe some one can  I think you  need to look into data recovery. If I read this right? the hard drive swap isnt a big deal. its the operating system.

Ahhhh thank you Linux.

Edited by NickAu1, 07 March 2014 - 07:40 AM.

#5 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

In the hp's bios find the sata operation options and set them to IDE, ATA, or Compatibility and see if it will boot then. Also I would never recommend doing this, I always recommend reloading. You will likely run into activation problems with windows (you can not transfer OEM windows from one machine to another). If you choose to reload you will have to re-install all software. Also you would have to reload with whatever OS the HP originally had and use the Microsoft code from the sticker on the laptop.

Edited by zingo156, 07 March 2014 - 01:47 PM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#6 Godless

Godless
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

Hello guys, first of all thank for your replies.

Zingo156, i would like to do it but the Bios version of the HP is the f34 and doesn't have the submenu to change these options. It only has Main (systm time, System Date, NOtebook Model, Bios Version Serial Number ecc), Security (Admin Pass, Power On Pass), System Configurtion (Langage, Button Sound, Virtualization Tech and Boot Options that can only enable or disable the devices and change their order), Diagnostics (Primary Hard Disk Sel Test and Memory Test) and Exit. Do you have any idea of where or how i can do it? Thanks again and thanks in advance for any future reply.

Best Regards.

#7 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:09 PM

Some HP's did not include the ability to change the sata operation. If you can not find it in any of the menus it may not exist. Anywhere you can see the hard drive you could try and hit enter and see if that will take you to the sata operation options. Outside of this option, you may have no way of getting it to boot, there is a registry work around, but I have no software to advise you to use to edit it. A fresh install would still be the recommended route.

Edited by zingo156, 07 March 2014 - 03:29 PM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,416 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:08 PM

1. get a Hirens boot cd with mini xp
2. boot into the mini xp Provided on Hirens

Suggesting Hiren's is not allowed, see Recommending ISOs of Windows Recovery Discs or pre-made ISOs of WinPE-BartPE - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic382841.html .

Louis

#9 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:25 PM

Thank you for informing me hamluis, I will fix the previous post.

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,416 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:27 PM

Don't bother modifying it :), this happens routinely and responding to it helps make other members aware of the policy :).

Louis

#11 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

Too late, I have already edited it.

#12 Ant.Man

Ant.Man

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:55 AM

Naturally when i insert the HDD in to the Hp, appears a STOP:0x0000007b bsod in safe mode too.

Could you please tell me what kind of drivers and what kind of Reg Key i've have to change?

Your question implies that you can connect the desired drive to a computer and access the drive.  Else, "what kind of drivers and what kind of Reg Key" is pointless.

The problem is you have the wrong chipset/controller driver on the affected drive.

Best case, easiest:

Boot from affected drive.  Install driver.  Check registry value match to target motherboard/BIOS drive controller type.

Power off machine.

Attach drive to target motherboard.

Power on.

Windows may require several driver updates and restarts.  Windows 7 is designed with a high tolerance here.

If you cannot boot from the affected hard drive, attach it as secondary.

See:  Using DISM to install Storage DriversTechNet.

If the subject drive/Windows install has an OEM license, you will have an invalid license and cannot activate. 

If the subject drive/Windows install has a retail license, you will need to re-activate, probably by telephone.

The methods will work, but I concur with the BC members.

This is not the preferred action.  A clean install in accordance with MS licensing is best.

Edited by Ant.Man, 08 March 2014 - 01:07 AM.

This is not my signature.

#13 Godless

Godless
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:13 PM

Hello BleepingComputers

thanks very much for your supporting.

I finally choose to do a clean install for the new pc so i won't to be on trouble with the license terms.

Thanks again for your replies, hope to don't disturbing too much.

Best regards

#14 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,416 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:36 AM

Clean install was probably the best solution, thanks for letting us know.

Happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users