Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi Everyone.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dark Consultant

Dark Consultant

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:42 PM

OK, I am a 56 year old male, I started in IT when I was 17 so coming up to my 40th IT birthday.

I run a small IT consultancy in Luton England have a wife, two cats and diabetes.

On average I get between six and ten PC's per day to clean up and have never (so far) failed to clean one. I write code for a hobby/job and have four software products currently out there (fifth coming soon). I started writing code in COBOL but soon moved to C, QBasic and then Visual Basic which I still use from time to time. I made a small contribution to CPM (anyone remember CPM) but now I mostly write in HTML, jQuery and JavaScript with a smattering of SQL for good measure, though i usually ask at forums when the SQL stuff gets to boggy (I find the syntax illogical).

I like SciFi (surprise, surprise), not sleeping and tea; I hate advertising, android and any device that starts with i. I have a tablet but its like painting my front room thru the bloody letterbox .. awkward, though I have authored a web with it.

I will try to answer as many queries as I can but I would like to start by asking for your advice. I would like to ask a member of the BleepingComputer staff a question but which forum should I use?

OK, tea now then Gravity and Thor in that order .. sweet.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:46 PM

You can ask here. Unless it is private then PM me

How to use and send Personal Messages.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Dark Consultant

Dark Consultant
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:25 AM

Hi,

As I intimated in my welcome chunder I use this site regularly and consider ComboFix and ADW Cleaner my main arsenal for removing viruses. I have always recommended users visit this site to follow up on security issues and to dl CF and ADW for themselves if they get into grief again and aside from one plonker who installed, I think it was iLivid, there have been no problems.

My question is this, do you have any problem with me using your site this way?

I am extremely grateful for this resource and had I the moola I would make a contribution but sadly I have not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users