Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Optiplex 760 Desktop won't start

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rockygrod

Rockygrod

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:03 AM

Yesterday I opened the computer case and moved the disc drive and floppy drive but did not disconnect them. I also moved the part that has the P423 card but replaced everything. Now there is an amber light inside the case on the motherboard that lights up, but the computer will not turn on.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:54 PM

Hi,

The amber light might be indicating that there's power to the motherboard. Have you rechecked all of the connections between all of the components? Some more information about the system would be useful.

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 Rockygrod

Rockygrod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:29 PM

I took the computer to Best Buy geek Squad, who suggested either a new power module ? or a new motherboard.

I order the power module from Dell and will try that since it's much less expensive.  It'll arrive in 2 days, I hope.

#4 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:23 AM

Hi,

We'll wait for the results of that change.

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users