Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't get to Microsoft Office sign in page on new laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dborns

Dborns

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:43 AM

I don't know if this is the right place for this topic, but I've narrowed down the problem, so hopefully it is.  I have a new ASUS notebook running Windows 8.1 with IE 11.  I also bought Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013.  I tried to install it, and can put the key # in, and when I click on "Redeem online", the webpage for MS Office comes up, but a pop-up box eventually says the page is taking longer than expected....  and never goes past that point.  If I go directly to the Office website, same thing, pop-up box and message. 

If I try to get on that website on another computer, it goes right to the sign-in page.  So its something to do with that actual page on my new ASUS computer. 

Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,826 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

There have been a lot of issues with Windows 8.1 and IE11. But, try changing the DNS servers to OpenDNS as shown in this link. If you have DNS servers listed, right them down before changing them. Note: Flush the DNS cache  and browser cache as shown in the links at the bottom of the page.

https://store.opendns.com/setup/operatingsystem/windows-8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users