Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2003 export issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ncfitnessjunkie

ncfitnessjunkie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:24 AM

I am having an issue exporting a .pst file for contacts & emails from Outlook 2003.  I keep getting an interface error msg & to restart Outlook to resolve issue.  Restarting does not fix the issue & have tried googling it & nothing has worked.  Does anyone know how to fix this issue.  This client has several hundreds of contacts.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by hamluis, 06 March 2014 - 10:41 AM.
Moved from XP to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:43 AM

The *.pst file can actually be found directly on the hard drive, you can copy the file to a flash drive or external hard drive and then import it to a different machine. If you can let me know what version of windows you are using (XP, Vista, 7 etc), I can tell you what folder it should be in.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#3 ncfitnessjunkie

ncfitnessjunkie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:46 AM

Using win7

#4 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:03 AM

First log into the correct user in windows that uses outlook and which you would like to get the file from. Then from your start menu where it says search programs and files type %appdata% and hit enter (you might have to click on appdata in the top bar because I believe it defaults to the roaming folder, you can go 1 folder back and there you should see the local folder. Then browse to C:\Users\"YOUR USER NAME"\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook in the outlook folder there should be a *.pst file. This is what you will copy, then on the computer you wish to import to, open outlook and use the import feature and use the import from file .pst, then browse to the copy you made of the pst and hit import.

NOTE: there may be a few *.pst files there including a backup. Normally I copy the largest file which was most recently modified. It might be best to copy all of the files and import each file.

If you can not log into the user profile you need data from, you can browse to the correct folder from computer, you will need to go to the view options and show hidden files and folders, "appdata" is hidden by default.

If you use outlook express the process is entirely different.

Edited by zingo156, 06 March 2014 - 10:09 AM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users