Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

W32.rontokbro.b@mm

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Changeez

Changeez

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 15 May 2006 - 12:10 AM

i found W32.RontokBro.B@mm on my company's workgroup. i scanned it with a strong iranian antivirus named IMEN. it remove the EXE files. then i go to registery and remove some keys and values from registery. then i isntall norton anti virus 2005 and update it with last virus definitions i downloaded from symantec web site free. everything is Looking good . until i plug in the Network Cable. after one or two hours norton virus alert apears several times. it found virus in local hard drives. in system32 or windows\temp . it causes to make my computer slow down. and make me to restart windows and wait for virus alert again. the only remaining solution is Remove and install a fresh copy of Windows XP. do you any other solutions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Phantom_KID

Phantom_KID

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 15 May 2006 - 12:53 AM

i think you can find the remover in the internet using google...

the brontok virus do something to the registry and you need to fix it...
the registry fixer is also in the net i think...

also, if i'm not mistaken, an antivirus, nod32 can fix it

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,053 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 15 May 2006 - 04:35 AM

Download and scan with Sysclean Package.
1. Create a new folder on drive "C:\" ("C:\New Folder") and rename it Sysclean.
2. Place the sysclean.com inside that folder.
3. Then download the latest Virus Pattern Files (lptXXX.zip).
4. Extract the lptXXX.zip pattern file into the same folder you created for sysclean.com.
5. Close all open applications and DISABLE your current anti-virus software. Some anti-virus programs such as Avast will alert you to a virus attack when running sysclean so it's best to disable them first.
6. Open the Sysclean folder and double-click on sysclean.com to run.
7. It will take some time to complete. Be patient and let it clean whatever it finds.
8. Exit when done and re-enable your anti-virus program.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
This program is for XP and Windows 2000 onlyDouble-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

If your running Win XP/2000, download and scan with Ewido Anti-Malware v3.5
Ewido Install and Scan Instructions

When done, perform these online Virus scans:
[Watch the Address bar in IE. You may receive alerts that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Install ActiveX component.]
Trend Micro Housecall Scan
Panda ActiveScan [ActiveScan Panda does not remove adware/spyware but will autoclean for viruses & worms.]
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users