Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DCOM Error/Plug and Play Error/Windows must Restart

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Saywut830

Saywut830

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:35 PM

This started happening exactly on January 11th, 2014. I should have asked for help earlier, I know, but it hasn't gotten this bad until now. When it first happened, it gave the "Windows must now restart because the DCOM Server Process/Plug and Play terminated unexpectedly" or something along the lines of that every 5 minutes or so, and forcibly restarted my computer. After installing MBAM and running a few quick scans, I cleared all the threats that came up, and the Plug and Play error ceased to exist. However, the DCOM error still popped up every 1-4 hrs (it was very random, and rudely interrupted me in the middle of writing an essay or something.) After a few months, a new error popped up saying "Windows will now restart in 1 minute." It basically had the same effect as the DCOM error. Just today, it has started popping up 5-10 min after boot, and has been VERY annoying. I downloaded Kaspersky's TDSSKiller and scanned my computer, and a suspicious file came up saying "Dcomlaunch". After finding the file location, it was rpcss.dll from the Windows/System32 folder. The only thing I can infer from this is the dll must be corrupted or infected. I don't know what to do with this.  Please help me fix my computer ASAP!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:45 PM

Do you plug and play peripheral devices into your computer?

#3 Saywut830

Saywut830
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:48 PM

The only peripherals I use are Razer Carcharias Headset (It sucks lol) and thats about it. I installed a printer driver a looong time ago but the printers no longer working so...

#4 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:54 PM

What do you mean under suck and is the printer connected to computer?

#5 Saywut830

Saywut830
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:59 PM

The printer is not connected to the computer, no.

#6 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:05 PM

So uninstall the printer driver.

#7 Saywut830

Saywut830
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:11 PM

I'm relatively sure the printer drivers are uninstalled, but I can't be too sure. The printer I was using was a really old Dell AIO.

#8 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:14 PM

So download Minitoolbox - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/

Start the application and set ticks everywhere and click GO button.After scan is done a log will appear.Save and attach it here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users